Continuous Improvement Leader Liège (LGG)
Do you have an analytic mindset and would you like to optimize organisations with focus on efficiency, than this the ideal opportunity for you.
Join our dynamic Continuous Improvement Team today !
Under the guidance of the EMEAA operational Excellence team and as a local point of contact, the continuous improvement leader will be part of the team which is responsible for implementing process optimizations into daily operations and ensure the continued optimization of efficiency and efficacy of all procedures. Success is measured by improvement of kg per hours handled, AWB handled, meeting of service levels and increase of Field Contribution Margin.
The role will cover a cluster of stations, mainly Belgian but also the Netherlands and Denmark.
The continuous Improvement Leader reports directly to the CI Manager.
Position is based in Liège (Belgium)
• Implement process improvement principles, tools and enablers (KPI’s, dashboards, automation, etc.) developed jointly with the Operational Excellence team.
• Conduct Process control & monitoring audits to ensure alignment with the Group Standards.
• Work closely with the local operations teams and management to select most appropriate process improvement techniques, trainings and other enablers.
• Optimize or propose local process adjustments and improvements, including automation and support tools, for high efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Share best practices with the Operational Excellence community.
• Develop and maintain process related documents.
• Provide training, Support and Guidance to team to meet daily work demands,
• Analyze and troubleshoot process problems to make continuous and permanent improvements.
• Anticipate local layout changes in order to apply the standards requesting eventually the Operational Excellence team expertise involvement.
Experience & competences
Focus on results :
• Analyze business processes
• Develop strategies
• Lead activities
• Monitor progress
Requirements & Education : Bachelor in transport and logistics or equivalent experience
Languages : French/English is a must (Dutch is a plus)
Experience in logistics, for example forwarding, transport, distribution (specifically aviation)
• Used to handle figures and logical mapping exercises
• Result oriented
• Outstanding communication and influencing skills
• Operational orientation and pragmatic
• Cargo knowledge